TPH Improvements (May 2014) - click here for the latest news
09 August Summer "Carnival" Barbeque
05 September Beer and Cider Festival
Toft is a small village based in the South West of Cambridgeshire, approximately 6 miles from the City of Cambridge. The parish is intersected by the Greenwich Meridian. In the 2001 Census, Toft had 219 households and a population of 583. The name "Toft" is derived from an old Viking word meaning "curtilage" or "homestead". Toft was listed in the Domesday Book of 1086 (as Tofth), then having a population of about 193.
Toft has two churches, St Andrews' Parish Church and the Methodist Church, which under a covenant between the two, means they are collectively called "the Church in Toft", sharing both social and religious events for the community.
Given it's size, the village has a surprisingly active social scene with regular coffee mornings, Brownies, Social Club and similar activities. In the lead up to the Millennium, the village completed a project to refurbish the old school house, known as the Toft People's Hall. This now offers excellent facilities and houses the very active Social Club which replaced the pubilc house that converted into a chinese restaurant some years ago.
The village has a combined Village Store and Post Office. There is a small recreation area equipped with activity equipment.